Blog Header

Blog Header

Monday, March 24, 2008

Taking a Deep Breath

We had a great weekend at the Henry household. It started Thursday night with 8 extra Jr High girls. Israel had a slumber party with several of the girls from The Daniel Academy, something we've never had the space of ability to do until now.

The next morning I woke up to Sean and Judah giggling in the kitchen. Apparently they had been looking online at minivans. We'll be running out of space in the car soon. Once we add our baby girl's pumpkin seat the girls will barely fit in my backseat. We definitely need the extra seat belts. How else would we get all of us and Dana and Emily to The View (our local gym with an awesome indoor pool)? So back to the giggling - not only had they been looking...they had also been bidding and were currently winning on FOUR vehicles! By noon we had "won" a Blue Chrysler Town and Country. At 1:00 we were on our way to St Louis to pick it up. Thankfully, by the time we got home we were only still "winning" on one last vehicle - a 15 passenger van. Sadly, yesterday we lost the auction.

Saturday was Purim. There was a great party at our friend Cristina's barn. We all got dressed up for the occasion. Israel was Barbie, Judah was a Girl Scout, Sean was an Amish Tom Petty, I was Esther after she'd been in the palace for a few years (meggo preggo), and Christina was a stunning Esther. I REALLY wish that I could show you a picture cuz we looked great!

That evening Huckleberry was moving quite a bit and making me quite uncomfortable. I felt kind of bad that I couldn't really focus during the reading and reenacting (thank you Judah) of the story of Esther. Every once in a while I have this feeling of...I can't do this for another month. There's no way. The only way I could do this is if I stayed in bed till she decides to make her appearance.

By the time we got home the most amazing thing had happened. She had moved down several inches and for the first time in 2 months I can take a deep breath! This feels like some incredible gift from God. For weeks now every time I eat a meal or have anything with sugar she immediately responds by sticking her feet in my right lung. She was up so high and kept putting those little feet in my chest that I was actually getting quite good at grabbing her foot (really...I could grab it) and pushing it back down where it belonged. This would only last for a few seconds before she put it right back. Now, even when she stretches out I can still breath. :)

2 comments:

sarah true said...

yay! that means she's one step closer to being here. Hopefully she hasn't moved from lungs to bladder :)

Danielle said...

The bladder is a much more comfortable option for me right now. The lungs were getting quite old. :)