Blog Header

Blog Header

Monday, November 08, 2010

How We Fight Pertussis (whooping cough)

Well...Havah has pertussis. I'm not going to go into what exactly that is. You can google it. Fair warning though - it may scare the pants off of you.

As you probably have guessed we're treating it as naturally as possible. There really isn't any way to "treat" pertussis. Once you've got it...you've got it. You can take antibiotics. They will help prevent the spreading of the disease. I've been poking around the internet for helpful tips and I'll share with you what I've found and what we're doing to help little Havah through this.

I should tell you though. This is not my advice to you. I'm not suggesting that I know what you should do. I'm not suggesting that I know better than your doctor. I'm not giving you advice. Whooping cough is a serious virus! This year alone 10 infants died of pertussis in California because they had been misdiagnosed. So please...if you have pertussis or your child has it TAKE IT SERIOUSLY!

And one more thing. I'm sleep deprived. I'm stressed out. I will spell things incorrectly, punctuate incorrectly and use lots and lots of dot dot dots.

No comments: